We get guests from all over the world. Young and young at heart. Men and women. American, European, Australian, Asian and South Americans. Frankly, that is the best part of our industry. We get to meet everyone from all over the world and build an everlasting friendships with them. We share ideas, passion and stories. We learn and share our knowledge. It’s a beautiful world.
In catering to our customers from all over the world, we get a great deal of customers who want to try new foods. We get some customer who want the culinary experience, but are also on restrictive diet. We welcome that because that is when our creativity gets challenged. Thankfully our rapport with hotels and restaurants all over the country enables us to be flexible and work with popular chefs in Nepal to meet the needs of our customers. Here is a recipe that we got one of our chef friends to create for customers who love fresh water fish and found to be a good companion with Cod as well. Enjoy and send us your pictures please!
- One pound cod – thickest you can get
- About 3 inches of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon of tamarind sauce (You can buy these in an Indian grocery store. Amazon sells it too)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tea spoon black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 green zucchini cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 yellow zucchini cut into 1 inch rounds
- ½ green bell pepper cut into 1 inch
- 1/2 red onion zucchini cut into 1 inch rounds
- Cut cod into 2 inches cube.
- Mince fresh ginger and squeeze the juice in a bowl
- Transfer the minced into another bowl and add lemon juice. Squeeze the ginger mixed with lemon juice into the bowl that has the ginger juice (the intent is to use lemon juice to get more of ginger flavor from the minced ginger)
- Mix in all the other ingredients with the ginger juice
- Marinate the vegetables and the fish for at least two hours.
- Transfer the fish and vegetable into a skewer – DO NOT THROW AWAY THE JUICE
- Heat barbeque grill to at least 500F
- Cook the kabobs for 5 minutes and turn it over
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Brush the remainder of the saved juice on the kabobs and cook on medium for about a minute on each side.